Cottage in North Yorkshire, England
HOLIDAY_HOME: 19475 / ITM
Owned by Her Majesty the Queen, in Right of Her Duchy of Lancaster, Scalby Lodge is a collection of fifteen beautiful cottages situated in an idyllic clifftop setting near the elegant seaside town of Scarborough.
All the cottages are finished with fixtures and fittings of the very highest standard and have open-plan dining. Some have en-suite bedrooms. They offer an ideal location from which to explore both the North York Moors National Park and the glorious Heritage Coast of Yorkshire.
- Enjoy stunning walks along the Cleveland Way
- Visit the RSPB Bempton Cliffs Bird Santuary - a paradise for bird spotters
- Take in a show at Scarborough’s Open Air Theatre - Europe’s largest open-air theatre which has played host to world-famous acts such as Elton John and Katherine Jenkins
- Learn more about the towns history at its 12th-century castle
- Walk along Scarborough’s two beautiful beaches at North and South Bay
- Visit the town’s eclectic mix of shops, dine in its wide choice of restaurants or take in an Alan Ayckbourn play at the theatre
- Meander along Scarborough’s esplande which has been featured in hit television shows The Royals and Heartbeat
- The historic port of Whitby is a 30-minute drive north of Scarborough - renowned for its connection with Dracula
- Whitby is also the departure point for the North York Moors Railway steam train which traverses the county’s dramatic scenery
- The cathedral city of York is just over an hour’s drive away, whilst the cosmopolitan shopping mecca of Leeds is one and a half hour’s drive from Scalby
Cottage with far-reaching views of open countryside. Spacious beamed living/dining room with wood-burning stove, patio doors and farmhouse-style kitchen with quarry-tiled floor. Double bedroom with 5ft bed, TV, sloping ceilings and en-suite shower room with toilet. Twin bedroom with beams, sloping ceiling and built-in wardrobe. Bathroom with separate shower cubicle and toilet.
- Wood-burning stove - fuel inc
- Full oil CH inc
- Three Freeview TVs
- DVD (small library)
- Enclosed garden with seating
- Ground floor facilities
- Elec, bed linen and towels inc
- T/cot and h/chair avail on request
- No smoking
Other facilities on site:
- Children’s play area
- Games room with pool table, DVD/book library and useful tourist information
- Secure car parking
- Wildflower meadow
- Bird-watching hide and pond
Fragen zu diesem Objekt?